Full service vs. drop off cateringJune 18, 2016
Questions to ask while venue huntingJune 18, 2016
If you are anything like me, your furry friends play a huge role in your day to day life. We have a cocker spaniel (Odie), a jack russel (Mojo), a Doberman (Abigail), and a house cat (Milo). Yes, this is our pack. We take our pups on vacations and cannot stand to leave them behind. So I understand when many of our brides want to incorporate their best furry pal into their wedding. But how? There are logistics to work out. Who will watch the pups? Will it be hot out? What are your venues rules on four legged friends?
Here are a few ways to incorporate your pup into your big day:
- Pop the question with your pup! “Will you marry my dad?” Use a sign around their neck and ask the big question! Beware of where you put the ring.
- Have your pup join you in your engagement photos.
- Make your dog flower girl or ring bearer. Make sure you venue is alright with this and also plan ahead for who will hold/sit with your pup while you exchange vows.
- If your venue allows it…make your reception puppy friendly! Water bowls and bones for all!
- Include your pouch in your vows. What would Fido say to the love of his life?
- Add your pup to your wedding party. He is your best pal? How about your best man?
Fido wedding tips:
- If you are getting married in the hot summer, make sure your pup will have access to shade or to go inside and cool off.
- Designate a friend or family member to watch over the pups…so you can still mingle with your guests.
- Make sure to follow all venue regulations when it comes to animals…no one wants extra fines/fees!